All volumes and a complete index online!
- Full FAQ
with detailed instructions
- Put ALL commands in body of message and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe send:
subscribe Book_Arts-L "Your full real name"
Leave out the "" . All subscription requests must include
the full real name or they will not be approved by the moderator.
- To post a message send to: Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu
- For daily digest: set Book_Arts-L mail digest
- To unsubscribe: unsubscribe Book_Arts-L
The Bonefolder: an e-journal for the bookbinder and book artist
The Bonefolder — Volume 8, 2012
at Internet Archive
23.2 MB file size—Version 5.0 or higher recommended
For ease of download, saving to disc before opening is strongly
Download the latest version of Adobe
While The Bonefolder will remain available online,
we recommend saving to your hard disk,
or printing out, to facilitate reading.
Table of contents:
- Publisher’s Note
- Evolution of an Artist’s Book – Sarah Bryant
- John DePol Digital Archive at The University of Alabama –
Amanda Haldy, Sara Parkel, & Dan Albertson
- Reinventing the Flag Book – Jeff Tong
- Bookbinding in Estonia – Illu Erma, translated by Silja
- Modern Portuguese Bookbindings – Sam Ellenport
- A Tale of Two Boards: A Study of A Bookbinding – Sidney
- Book Conservation at West Dean College – Abigail Uhteg
- “How Do I Make It Stick?” Adhesives For Use In
Conservation and Book Arts – Tish Brewer
- A Bookbinder’s Gamble – Gavin Dovey
- Reliquary for a Book – Florian Wolper
- Towards practice: The Art of Bookbinding Used to Instill Craft
in Graphic Design – Law Alsobrook
- Durante and Wallace-Crabbe: LIMES – Perle Besserman
- Of the Bookbinder (London, 1761)
- Bind-O-Rama 2011– Artistically Reversible: Where Conservation
and Art Meet
- Book Reviews
- Abbott, Kathy. Bookbinding: A Step by Step Guide.
Review by Anna Embree
- Banik, Gerhard and Brückle, Irene. Paper and
Water: A Guide for Conservators.
Review by Abigail Uhteg
- Marks, PJM. Beautiful Bookbindings, A Thousand Years
of the Bookbinder’s Art. Review by Beth Doyle.
- Miller, Julia. Books Will Speak Plain: A Handbook
for Identifying and Describing Historical Bindings.
Review by Chela Metzger
- Minsky, Richard. The Book Art of Richard Minsky.
Review by Miriam Schaer
- Starling, Belinda. The Journal of Dora Damage.
Review by John Nove
- Wallace, Eileen. Masters: Book Arts. Review by
The Bonefolder (online) ISSN 1555-6565
This work is licensed under a Creative
Downloadable Issues ind PDF
to Volumes 1 – 8, 2004 – 2012
- Volume 8, 2012
- Volume 7, 2011
- Volume 6, Number 2, Spring 2010
- Volume 6, Number 1, Fall 2009
- Volume 5, Number 2, Spring 2009
- Volume 5, Number 1, Fall 2008
- Volume 4, Number 2, Spring 2008
- Volume 4, Number 1, Fall 2007
- Volume 3, Number 2, Spring 2007
- Volume 3, Number 1, Fall 2006
- Volume 2, Number 2, Spring 2006
- Volume 2, Number 1, Fall 2005
- Volume 1, Number 2, Spring 2005
- Volume 1, Number 1, Fall 2004
Read The Bonefolder at the Internet
Archive with other download options.
Editorial Board: The people who brought you The
The Bonefolder at research libraries
The Bonefolder © 2004-2012
Last Modified: Monday, 22-Jan-2018 17:46:23 EST